Monday, October 25, 2010

weekend hiking

I took my daughters hiking on Sunday, having decided earlier in the week that I wanted to revive our old tradition of Sunday hikes, long since abandoned in the sweltering heat of summer.

We started, as is our tradition, with a breakfast stop. Yummy Dunkin Donuts this week. Then we headed on to the visitor center at Radnor Lake. We started off well enough - beautiful Fall day, colorful leaves, lots of energy...



Emma in motion



...but about halfway around the lake, the happy looks turned into this

Mom forgot to bring water! Sometimes I forget that even though they are 10 now, they are still needy little creatures. Can't believe I forgot water bottles!

Thirsty and tired (and frustrated with myself) we all headed home. Happy that we got out and hiked, determined to do it better next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...