Thursday, November 4, 2010

peace quotes

{Becoming} a peacemaker

Today I updated my {words of wisdom} over there on the left of the page, and I thought it was worth sending out a little plug for my sister's great website all about peace quotes where I snagged my treasures. I think she's done a fabulous job. Peace-Quotes.net is pretty to look at and full of great quotes by great people about a truly great topic.

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.
Be the living expression of God's kindness:
kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile."
~Mother Teresa

This quote by Mother Teresa particularly inspired me today. So often I find myself walking around in a grumpy haze. Tired, frazzled, too much to do in too little time, my to-do list running off the page and into every aspect of my life. This was a much-needed reminder to pause the incessant stream of thought and smile at the person walking by me in the parking lot - heck, to stop and smile at my kids and listen to their stories of the day before racing onto the next thing I have to accomplish! What is the point of all my never-ending movement if I'm eternally facing the world distracted, distant and crabby? That's not exactly my optimal state of being.

So today I tried to spread a little kindness.

What quotes about peace inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...