Thursday, February 24, 2011

tinkering with aromatherapy

It all started last week when I read an article titled "Making Scents" in my March 2011 issue of Whole Living magazine. It got me thinking about the scented candles I burn and the tarts I melt in our house on a daily basis. I love having the house smell like spicy cinnamon, or mulled cider, or lavender & lemon. Yet I'm also all about cutting out as many unnatural chemicals as possible, so shouldn't that apply to the scents I bring into our house as well?


So I picked up a little book called "Aromatherapy Solutions" by Veronica Sibley at Barnes & Noble. From there I hopped over to Whole Foods and bought a few essential oils to try.

This book is wonderful! If you are interested in trying essential oils, but are completely new to using them I would highly recommend it. There are great photographs throughout the book and it lays out all the basics you need to know, from the benefits of different oils, to which oils are best for specific purposes, to the methods of use that are best for each oil.


Tonight I tried my first facial sauna, steam cleaning my face by putting a drop of essential oil in a bowl of warm water and draping a towel over my head to trap the steam. So relaxing!

I'm having fun, and I'm feeling good about making a choice that is natural, makes my home smell wonderful, and can have lots of health benefits for me and my family!

What about you? Have you ever used essential oils?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...