Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Snow Shoeing

Like most of you, I'm guessing, one of my goals for the new year is to exercise regularly, or - let's be honest - exercise at all. Last year wasn't great for me in the exercise department. So over the weekend I dug out my snowshoes and set off into the woods.
I was surprised what a workout it was, tromping through the woods in a foot of snow. It was a great cardio workout, something that I know I need a lot more of, since I can get winded going up and down the stairs a few times. 

I picked a good day to start. It was relatively mild, about 35ยบ as opposed to the much colder temperatures last week. I don't know how I'll do out there on colder days. One of the problems with living in Maine for me is that although I love the snow and winter, I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to actually spending much time outside in those cold temps. 
Since moving to Maine over a year ago from Tennessee I have finally started to accumulate some real winter gear, which makes such a difference in being out there in the cold, and I loved the peacefulness of being out in the woods alone, with the sunlight and shadows falling across the snow. So I've got those things going for me in the quest to keep it up.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...