Thursday, August 23, 2012

To Make: Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

Here's what I made last night for a treat. I've made these a few times, and they are so easy, and everyone loves them, so I thought I'd share.

I use a bag of Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips... and make the recipe on the back of the bag. No big secret to my chocolate chip cookies. (I do like to undercook mine a little because I like them gooey in the center.) I've tried other recipes, and these are my favorite for baking at home. Easy and tasty every time.
 Unless you burn them, which I have been known to do on occasion.
I sit my vanilla ice cream on the counter to soften, and after the cookies have cooled to room temp, scoop some ice cream between two cookies and then wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Since the ice cream is softened, this part can be a little messy, but I just try to get it wrapped, and then once it's all inside the plastic you can even the whole thing out without ice cream running all over your hands . 
They need to sit in the freezer for about an hour to harden up, and then they'll look great, even if a little ice cream creeps up around the edges of the cookies. Then they are ready to eat!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...